Rumors of Destino closing
Thanks to the tremendous generosity of Destino's guests and staff, we are proud to provide a local family with enough gifts this Christmas to make their holiday season very bright!
During the first two weeks of December, Destino's crew lead by Tammi and Azure, collected donations from our amazing guests, filling our Christmas tree and dining room with ornaments, adorned with the names of the generous donors. Destino was proud to match a portion of the donations collected.
Last Friday, a crew from Destino including Jake, Kaitlyn, Pamela, Charlotte, Madeline, Azure and Tammi shopped and transformed these donations into toys and clothing perfectly suited to the wishes and needs of four young children, as well as a grocery gift card for their family. On Saturday, the team gathered at Destino to wrap and delivery the trunk-loads of gifts.
Thank you to our dedicated staff and to our many guests and contributors to this worthy project. Your generosity and kindness are inspiring.
Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Felices Fiestas!
Come home to Destino's party of the year!
Featuring all your Destino Chatham friends and DJ T-Bone!
*21+ w/ ID strictly enforced $5/Cover at Door*
Get in the holiday spirit, November 22, starting at 10PM-following regular dinner service 5-8PM
and get home safely - designated driver, taxi, or your mom will be more than happy to pick you up!
Get your costumes ready!
Halloween starts early at Destino, Saturday October 28th: We will be inviting costumed guests at our bar to enjoy discounted drinks, in collaboration with our friends at Chatham Brewing. Come to Destino in costume, get a hand stamp, move up the road to Chatham Brewing and enjoy a discount on their delicious craft brews and be entered to win prizes with hand stamps from both places!
Halloween Happy Hour, Tuesday October 31st: A full Tuesday night of Destino Happy Hours for all guests at our bar, with Vanessa. Costumes encouraged!
Dia de los Muertos: October 31 - November 3: Stop by to see our colorful alter and enjoy this beautiful Mexican ritual, which honors and celebrates deceased ancestors and loved ones. Traditional dishes and drinks will be offered.
Enjoy Halloween & Dia de los Muertos with Destino!
The morning air has turned crisp and cold, the crew at Destino's thoughts turn to Autumn. It's an amazing time to be in Chatham, upstate New York, as the leaves turn color and the vibe feels distinctly different from the summer mood of evening crowds and late sunsets.
Our kitchen is abundant with local produce from area farms, foraged mushrooms, and new specials for the cooler weather. Our bar is stocked with top tequilas, unique mezcal varieties, local draft brews, and new and interesting drinks. We are busy thinking about the upcoming holidays and events here in our area: Chatham Oktoberfest, Film Columbia, Halloween and Dia de los Muertos, Thanksgiving Eve and the holiday season.
And as the season's change, we think about our guests, and our many local regulars with gratitude and warmth. Welcome to Autumn! We look forward to sharing it with you!
It's the end of the school year and start of Summer!
Are you looking for a great gift to thank some special teachers?
Consider a gift certificate to a local small business! Our three family owned Chatham restaurants all offer gift certificates in any amount:
1. Destino, 1 Church St., pick up a gift certificate any night of the week, after 5:00 PM
2. Our Daily Bread Deli & Bakery, 116 Hudson Ave., pick up a gift certificate Weds-Sunday, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
3. The Gluten Free Bakery, 54 Main Street, pick up a gift certificate starting at 7:00 AM on weekdays.
Celebrate Father's Day at Destino this Sunday! We will be offering dads a complimentary pint of draft beer with every entree ordered. Dad's choice: award winning craft brew, imported from Main Street from our friends at Chatham Brewing, or refreshing Dos XX lager, imported from Mexico. Father's Day, June 18th only, starting at 4:30.
Happy Father's Day!
Photo Credit: Deirdre Malfatto.
It's finally deck dining weather!
Our deck is open for the warm weather season, join us there starting tonight.
Deck reservations are available, just ask for deck seating in your reservation notes. We will do our best to accommodate all deck requests, depending on availability and weather conditions.
Photo by Deirdre Malfatto
Kick off the warm weather season with us at our Cinco de Mayo celebration!
We will be serving dinner during regular hours, featuring traditional Puebla dishes.
Join us at the bar 9-11 for latin beats with DJ T-Bone and enjoy drinks on the deck, weather permitting.
Summer is coming!
Tuesday & Wednesday Tapas at Destino!
Rollos de Pollo
breaded & rolled chicken, stuffed with oaxaca & swiss cheeses & ham w/ salsa rojo
Spanish style roasted potatoes, with rosemary, ranchera sauce and melted cheese
Brochetas de Pescado
Dos XX tempura battered cod w/ chipotle mayo & lime
Asparagus & Cauliflower Soup
Chicken or Vegetable Empanadas
Brighten the night with these fresh cocktail specials from Vanessa Cerami Costa:
Coconut Mango Margarita!
These enticing specials are available at Destino starting tonight, for 3 nights only. Make reservations now!
Destino will be closed for our winter siesta Jan. 1-25, re-opening on Thursday, Jan. 26th.
Happy New Year!
Happy Holidays from Destino!
We will be closed December 24th and 25th but open every other night until 2017.
Make New Year's Eve dinner reservations now on our website www.destinochatham.com. Our chefs are creating a special celebratory menu for you to enjoy while sipping prosecco, mezcal and margaritas as you say goodbye to 2016!
Our winter siesta is January 1st-25th. We re-open, serving dinner every night, starting January 26th.
Photo by Deirdre Malfatto
Saturday Night Specials:
Appetizer: Shrimp Dumplings w/ chipotle and goat cheese
Pozole Mexican Stew with pinto bean tostada
Seafood Enchiladas, rolled corn tortillas filled with shrimp, scallops, calamari, goat cheese and mozzarella with tomato-jalapeno sauce
Acorn Squash Relleno, butter and herb roasted and stuffed with mushrooms, rice, cherry tomatoes and corn with mole sauce.
Try Azure's cocktails for dessert:
The Dude's Salted Caramel: spiced rum, kahlua and milk with caramel drizzle
Biscotti Martini: Frangelico, patron XO and biscotti crumble rim
Enjoy Saturday night with us and get in the holiday spirit!
Getting a great holiday gift for everyone on your list is tricky. What's a gift that your child's favorite teacher, your most helpful co-worker, your best friend and beloved relative are all bound to enjoy? If you live near Chatham, try one-or all- of these great gift ideas:
1. Destino Gift Certificates: treat the lucky receiver to a bright night of fresh Mexican food, like our ever popular Enchiladas with Tomatillo Verde, Baja Fish Tacos and fresh fruit margaritas. Available at Destino and Our Daily Bread Deli during regular business hours.
2. Destino signature motif zip front hooded sweatshirt or adorable kid's pocket front sweatshirt or T-shirt for little Destino fans, $12-$25, available at Destino.
3. Our Daily Bread Deli Gift Certificates, for made-from-scratch breakfasts and lunches, inspired by Middle Eastern and NY Deli favorites, or artisanal breads and gourmet spreads.
4. The Gluten Free Bakery treats like pies, tarts and cakes, for gluten free holiday indulgences for all!
Happy Holidays from Destino and the Cohen Family!
It happens just once a year: our annual pre-thanksgiving party! Destino is the place to gather just before the holiday, to enjoy the biggest party night of the year.
Destino is serving dinner on November 23rd, 5-9, our Thanksgiving Eve Party starts at 10:00.
The Party: DJ T-Bone
$5 cover, 21+, no entrance without ID.
VIP TABLES AVAILABLE, skip the line at the door and the crowds at the bar! Reserved tables get cocktail waitress service and a table for 4 . Tables are LIMITED, so reserve early!
Reserve on facebook or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
($80 per table minimum)
Come home to your Chatham Destino this thanksgiving eve - drink, dance, rejoice and be thankful.
***Please arrange a designated driver or taxi service***
Get your costumes ready and make plans to be in Chatham for a full night of fun this Saturday, October 29th!
3:00-5:00: the party gets started early at Our Deli Bread Deli, with family fun and festivities for all ages.
7:30: Zombie Pub Crawl heads to Main Street, walk this way if you dare!
8:00: Meet up at Chatham Brewing for live music and the best local beer!
End the night at The People's Pub, bar open until 1am, costume contest and late night fun!
Happy Halloween Weekend, it's a great time to be in Chatham!
1. Chicken of the Woods: this brightly colored mushroom has a lemony, meaty taste. Try it tonight in our weekend burrito special.
2. Seafood Paella for 2: One of our most popular dishes is available this weekend only, prefect for a special night out!
3. An Intriguing Autumn Dessert: Chef Moises has crafted a beautiful dessert for the season, sweet apples and squash empanada with strawberry drizzle.
4. Key Lime Pie: It's back!
5. Azure's Destino cocktail specials: come in tonight, the choices will be good.
6. Chatham Brewing Oktoberfest, imported from our friends on Main Street, we have it on tap! Get in the mood for October!
7. OctoberFeast: this village wide celebration is today, Oct 1, starting at 10:00am.
8. Our Daily Bread Deli's OctoberFeast offerings: Our friends next door feature fun all day with live music and games.
9. Pastrami on a Stick, Smoked Turkey Legs, Sausages & Sauerkraut: All available tomorrow at Our Daily Bread Deli for the feast!
10. Stuffed Pretzels: The Deli's creations, for sale across from the Brewery, beer and stuffed pretzels, yum!
Photo: Deirdre Malfatto